Both men and women must attend arm training on the road to fitness. Having strong arms will give men a sense of strength and security. In addition to dumbbells or barbells, we can also use cable attachments to build bigger, stronger arms.
Listed below are 10 excellent cable arm workouts you can start working out within no time!
10 Cable arm workouts
Muscles Targeted: triceps and elbows
Starting position: Stand in front of the machine pulled down by the pulley, with your feet about shoulder-width apart, keep your chest, abdomen, and waist tight, hold the pull ring with both hands, and the distance between your hands is about less than the shoulder width, pull down to the level of the forearm (up the starting position); the elbow joint is kept close to the side of the body; the upper body is kept slightly forward.
Action process: Inhale, pull the bar down with the strength of the triceps until the arm is straight, stop for a while, exhale, and then slowly return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise.
Matters needing attention:
When you want to stretch and restore the bar after pulling it down, don't put it down violently so that the triceps will continue to exert force.
Pay attention to when the movement is to be stretched, the joints should be close to the side of the body, to prevent the movement from being pressed violently or not being able to complete the movement in the middle
💪Standing High Face Curl
Muscles Targeted: biceps and brachialis muscles
Because the angel of the pull, works the peak of the biceps. Set the pulley face high with the curl bar attached to the cable. Grab the bar with an underhand grip, hands about shoulder width apart. Step back till your arms are straight out in front of you and theres tension from the weight of the cables. Curl the bar towards you, carrying the bar above your head. Then let the bar back down and repeat.
💪Downward Overhead Extension
Muscles Targeted: triceps
- Attach the bar to a high pulley. After choosing a suitable weight, grab the bar with both hands and face away from the pulley.
- Put your hands behind your head with your elbows facing up. Bend your elbows, move your feet one behind the other, and lean forward slightly to achieve better stability. This is where the action starts.
- Extend your elbows over your head, keeping your upper arms stationary.
- Peak contraction for one second and slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
💪Kneeling Elevation Curl
Muscles Targeted: triceps
- Hold the straight bar with both hands from behind the head, palms down, about 2 decimeters away.
- Kneel with your back to the machine.
- The elbows should be bent and the forearms pointed towards the high pulley. This is where the action starts.
- With the elbows adducted and the upper arms close to the head, pull the bar down, contract the triceps hard, contract for a second at the peak, and exhale.
- Slowly return to the starting position and inhale.
💪Downward Wrist Curl
Muscles Targeted: Forearms and wrists
- Bend your wrists upward as you exhale. Do this slowly to engage the forearm and prevent the weight from straining the wrist.
- Extend your wrists down until they can breathe in comfortably.
- Return your wrist to a neutral position.
💪Kneeling Overhead Extension
Muscles Targeted: Triceps
Since the triceps insert into the olecranon of the ulna, the triceps pass through the elbow joint and are therefore responsible for extending the elbow joint.
However, the most prominent head of the triceps, the long head, also crosses the shoulder joint because it originates from the scapula. This means that to train this critical triceps in the best possible way, you need to place your shoulders flexibly so that the long head can receive an intense, growth-stimulating stretch.
Muscles Targeted: Biceps
- Hold the barbell with your palms facing forward. Elbow joints rest against torso and back. This is where the action starts.
- Raise the bar while exhaling, moving the elbows back and keeping the bar in contact with the torso. Tip: As you can see, carry the elbows back to the back and not just to the side of the torso. At the same time, don't raise your shoulders.
- Slowly lower the bar back to the starting position, keeping the bar in contact with the torso.
💪Bent Over Kickback
Muscles Targeted: Triceps Brachii
💪Palms Forward Curl
Muscles Targeted: Biceps
Cable curls activated 80% of maximal voluntary biceps contractions compared to barbell curls, concentration curls, pull-ups, and EZ bar curls—only concentration curls outperformed cable curls.
Hang the straight bar attachment on the cable machine and set the pulley to the low position. Grab the barbell, arms straight, hands shoulder-width apart, palms facing away from you.
Keeping your elbows tight and your upper arms locked, bend the bar as close to your shoulders as possible.
Pause, squeeze your biceps as hard as possible, then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
💪Reverse Wrist Curl
Muscles Targeted: Wrist Extensors
Arm Muscle Workout
There are many small muscle groups on the arm, but the biceps brachii and triceps brachii are well-known by fitness friends. The biceps brachii is located on the front side of the forearm and has a fusiform shape and two heads, respectively. It is a long and short head, and the triceps are located on the upper arm's back. It is composed of three heads: the long head, the medial head and the lateral head, the triceps and biceps. All belong to skeletal muscle.
To increase the arm's circumference through training, it is necessary to carry out targeted exercises on the arm muscles. This is because the bones are challenging to change. If you want to make the arm thicker, you must make the arm muscles develop. Get up, but wish to thicken the components, it cannot be achieved overnight and requires the long-term persistence of the trainer.
Benefits of Arm Exercises
Arm exercise is the basis for improving the fitness level of the upper body. Almost all upper body movements are inseparable from the arm. If your arm strength is muscular, your fitness level will stay the same. On the contrary, the arm after exercise will make your life convenient and empower you to make your girlfriend feel secure.
When exercising our arms, we should not use heavy weights for exercise, nor do we exercise aggressively, which will make the arm muscles lack coordination. In practical training, we need to choose more whole-body muscle groups to participate in, such as push-ups, Pull-ups, etc., but the movements selected by the trainer must be targeted.
If the arm is too thin, don't worry, you need to choose the movements scientifically to practice. The above 10 cable arm workouts can stimulate the arm muscles and improve the exercise effect. Of course, thickening the arms cannot be achieved quickly, and the trainer needs to have fitness. Persistence so that there will be apparent gains, and when exercising, pay attention to the essentials of movement, and don't let your sweat be in vain.
IFAST Home Gym Package for Bigger Arm
🔥Click and shop👉here
IFAST has always been committed to providing better fitness equipment for most fitness enthusiasts, hoping to listen to more realistic sounds, which is very important to us. We have devised a few minor questions, we would appreciate it if you could fill them in !